The Department of Crop Science
The vision of the Department of Crop Science is ultimate transformation of Crops research and food crops production technology for sustainable socio-economic development in Nigeria, with emphasis on the south-south geo-political zone..
The mission of the Department is on the enhancement of Food Production through research and training qualified personnel needed for sustainable food crop production. Students will be trained and adequately equipped to be self-employed and job generators, rather than job seekers.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Covering of research and teaching in areas of crop production, improvement and protection, particularly in the lowland rainforest areas of Edo State.
- Turn our graduates in crop based disciplines e.g. Agronomy, Biotechnology, Crop protection and Horticulture.
- To produce graduates in these field who will use the acquired skills in establishing their own Agro-business Enterprises.
- To train personnel capable of teaching and conducting research relevant in crop-science based discipline and also capable of taking up employment in the Agricultural sector of the economy.
- Engage in any other Agricultural activities.