MR. SAMUEL EFOSA OSAGIE
To be part of a strong team of intellectuals saddled with challenging tasks, targets and responsibilities requiring a high degree of dedication in a conducive and friendly environment that upholds the tenet of customer satisfaction without jeopardizing profit, with room for personal and career development geared towards self satisfaction.
Office Location: ZenithBank ICT Unit, Main Campus
September 2016 – Present: Principal System Analyst, ITMS, University of Abuja –
- Re-engineered systems that fuelled improvements to productivity, efficiency, uptime and accuracy for the University of Abuja business operations. Increased the University IGR base by 80% the project is for the University Portal Systems.
- Improved the University IGR by 80% by developing enterprise web solutions that automated the Institutions payment systems
- Created large-scale, portable, thread-safe and ultra-high performance foundation and application infrastructure libraries, these libraries are for integration with REMITA.
- Developed code, system design and test/QA plans for all solutions and often coordinated the national or international rollout.
- Provided leadership as a subject matter expert (SME) on hosting issues, client and students’ logins, and general upgrades/maintenance of servers.
- Responsible for the creation and deployment staffs and students emails using LDAP on Ubuntu Linux server to synchronised with Google servers.
- Achieved unprecedented 100% migration and implementation of staffs and students emails.
- Responsible for the development of Management Information System and Payroll System. It enables users to manage staff profile, update them and print payslip in pdf.
- Achieved the 80% reduction of the use of paper.
- Team Member (Sysadmin) for the University for Co-location at Galaxy Backbone Configuration of a web-server (Ubuntu server), mail server (Cent-OS), Maintaining the University website remotely.
- Design and set up materials on a web host, provide links to existing materials on the host and design, test and deploy scripts for web enabled applications. Manage Linux server (mail server), Wireless router, configuration of mail- clients software (MS Outlook, MS Outlook Express, Thunder bird and general system support.
- Designed and implemented the website architecture , database architecture and CMS for the website
- Design and set up materials on a web host, provide links to existing materials on the host and design, test and deploy scripts for web enabled applications. Manage Linux server (mail server), Wireless router, and configuration of mail-clients software (MS Outlook, MS Outlook Express, Thunder bird and general system support.
- Developed an in-house stock management system that runs on the intra net in the organisation.
- Wrote the technical reports and designed the users’ manual
- Was a member of a team upgrading their old computer running on Windows 95/98 to run Windows 2000/XP, this became necessary since the centre will be used for Cyber café.
- Achieved the replacement old motherboards, faulty/dead power packs and faulty/bad VDU
- Installed/Configured Operating System(Windows 2000/XP)
- Designed Students results handling system
- Designed and implement the database architecture, designed and implemented the user interface using Visual Basic 6.0, MS Access 2004, VB Scripts, MS Visual source saf Provided support for the application.
- BSc in Mathematics/Computer Science, University of Port Harcourt (1999-2004).
- MSc in Computer Science (Software Engineering), University of Ilorin, (2014)
- PhD (Computer Science ) University of Ilorin in progress.
- Introduction Computer, CSC200
- Digital Computers, CSC204
- Introduction to Computer Application, CSC300
- Introduction to Assembly Languages, CSC301
- Computer Architecture, CSC303
- Introduction Database, CSC306
- Software Design and Management, CSC702
- Introduction to Database Design & Management, CSC711
- Forensics analysis
- Software engineering
- Cyber Security
RDMS: MySQL Server | Oracle 9i | MS Access | MS Server 2008 | Postgre
Web Server Tools: WAMP Server | XAMMP Server | LAMP Server | Tomcat Apache | MDBoostrap
Operating Systems: Linux operating system (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS/RedHat) | Microsoft Windows | MacOS