The Department of Theatre Arts
The vision of the University of Abuja is “To become a world class institution that combines academic excellence with pursuit of the nation’s unity.
To provide instructional, research and public service programmes appropriate for a University of high standing that guarantees academic excellence.
To operate a strong and virile distance learning component that ensures equal educational access to a large constituency.
To direct academic activities towards the needs of students from diverse ethnic, cultural and occupational backgrounds.
- To encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring higher and liberal education
- To provide courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all branches, and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them
- To encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all fields of knowledge and human endeavour
- To relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria
- To undertake part time courses in various disciplines to cater for the interest of the working class and those who could not benefit directly from full time University education; and
- To undertake any other activities appropriate for a University of the highest standard